Pumpkin Cake with Streusel
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 1 hour
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour 15 minutes
SERVINGS: 15 servings
- 15 ½ ounces canned pumpkin
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9×13 pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, & salt.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Gently sprinkle the cake mix powder over the pumpkin mixture and top with pecans.
- Drizzle melted butter over the cake mix & pecan layer.
- Bake 25 minutes uncovered, then cover with foil. Bake an additional 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and uncover (be careful, the steam will be hot).
- Cool completely. Cut into squares and serve with ice cream.
- Change up the recipe by using any flavor of cake mix you want, such as white cake or spice cake!
- Leftovers can be stored for up to 4 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Photo credits: https://www.justsotasty.com/pumpkin-coffee-cake/